Biodiesel: Alternative Renewable Fuels
Musket is committed to providing alternative renewable fuel to our Customers while making a positive impact through innovation.
Biodiesel is clean-burning alternative renewable fuel that is made from animal fats, vegetable oils, or recycled restaurant grease for use in diesel vehicles or any equipment that operates on diesel fuel. The resulting product is similar to petroleum diesel and can be blended with diesel up to 20%, which is proven to be a safer substitute for the environment and energy security.
Benefits of Biodiesel:
- Biodiesel can reduce the carbon footprint when used as a vehicle fuel. Biodiesel reduces emissions because the carbon dioxide released is offset by the the carbon dioxide absorbed from feedstocks used to produce the fuel.
- Biodiesel improves engine lubricity and operation to prevent wear and tear on equipment.
- Biodiesel causes far less damage to the environment if a spill occurred compared to petroleum diesel because biodiesel is not as combustible. The alternative renewable fuel is safe to handle, store, and transport.
- Regulated fleets that use biodiesel blends of 20% (B20) or higher qualify for biodiesel fuel use credits under the Energy Policy Act of 1992.
At Musket we leverage our trading experience and logistics capabilities with Gemini Motor Transport to provide high-quality diesel blends at the lowest price to our Customers.
We are committed to:
- Promoting our program through regulatory policy
- Capitalizing on incentives through targeted blending
- Developing infrastructure and scaled storage
- Diversifying global and domestic supply options
- Executing sharp, cost-conscious operations and logistics
Current Musket Bio Terminal Locations:
- Baltimore, MD
- Chesapeake, VA
- Wilmington, NC
- Jacksonville, FL
- Mobile, AL
- Galena Park, TX
- Cincinnati, OH
- Kingman, AZ
- Fort Worth, TX
To learn more about biodiesel as an alternative renewable fuel for your vehicle needs, please contact us today.